Tahini & Buckwheat Bars
At 150kcals a bar these are the perfect afternoon snack to keep the temptation demons at bay. These delicious ‘tahini and buckwheat bars’ form the basis of the 7-day vegan meal plan which is now available to all WAFA clients. Happy veganuary!
- 90g oats (use gluten free if preferred)
- 90g pitted medjool dates
- 10g cocoa powder
- 15 shelled hempseed
- 10g flaxseed
- 70g tahini
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 35g maple syrup
- 40g buckwheat groats
- Preheat over to 160˚C/325˚F
- Line the base of a 15x15cm baking tin with baking paper
- Place the oats in a blender or food processor and blend until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place the dates in the blender and blend into a paste. Transfer to the bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, except the groats and maple syrup. Using your hands, combine the mixture until crumbly.
- Add the maple syrup and groats and stir to combine into a thick paste. Add a splash of cold water if the mixture is too dry.
- Transfer the mixture to the tin. Press down firmly with your hands, until the mixture is compact.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until firm.
- Allow to cool in the tin. Cut into 9 squares.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze on same day.