Creamy Salmon Fishcakes Recipe
Our monthly e-recipe book will be winging its way all our WAFA ladies shortly, packed with easy-to-make healthy recipe ideas for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks.
Our focus at WAFA is arming our ladies with the tools to lead a balanced lifestyle. When you’re busy, which all our ladies are, often being put onto a strict diet regime is not only soul-less and almost always short-lived, it can be even more challenging when there are other mouths to feed.
That’s why rather than force our ladies into something that is set up to fail, we provide a suite of lifestyle resources that sit alongside a plan that allows them to CHOOSE which changes they want to implement that can fit with THEIR daily living. It’s why we are so successful at getting the results that can last.
These ‘Creamy Salmon Fishcakes’ are the perfect family meal or when cooking, halve them and make them into small balls to take to work as a snack. It’s a better alternative to the sugary crap in the office. Enjoy!
Creamy Salmon Fishcakes:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 450g white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 15g butter or crème fraîche (optional)
- a few sprigs of fresh parsley, chopped
- a pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp Dijon or English mustard
- a small handful of kale, finely chopped
- 250g fresh salmon fillets
- 25g Cheddar cheese, grated (or use dairy free cheese if preferred)
- to serve:
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/350˚F. Line an oven tray with foil and drizzle half of the oil evenly over the foil.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until soft. Drain well and return to the saucepan. Add the butter / crème fraîche (if using), fresh parsley, salt, pepper, chilli flakes, mustard and garlic granules and mash well. Add the kale and stir well.
- Place the salmon in a frying pan. Add 1-2 inches of recently boiled water and place over a medium heat. Cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until cooked. The flesh will be a pale pink colour throughout. Transfer the salmon to a plate and gently break up into flakes.
- Add the salmon and cheese to the potato mixture and stir well. Shape into 6 patties and place on the baking tray. Drizzle lightly with the remaining olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden, turning halfway.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days or wrap each fishcake in cling film and freeze on same day.