Chickpea and Buckwheat Recipe
Totally we are all back to a healthy routine and eating well, using my weekly lifestyle planner to map out my meals for the week and choosing recipes from my 28 day meal plan. A lot of my ladies are super busy so I suggest making a batch of some meals that can be stored or frozen and used throughout the week. This ‘chickpea and buckwheat salad’ is great to have for lunch or as a side to go with you’re a piece of meat of fish. It’ll keep in the fridge for a good few days. The below recipe is for one portion. Enjoy.
Serves 1 with 489 Kcals, 21g protein, 21g fat, 54g carbs
- 40g (dry weight) buckwheat groats, soaked overnight
- 150g tinned chickpeas, drained
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Small handful of chopped coriander or parsley (optional)
- 80g tinned sweetcorn
- 50g diced avocado
- 50g red nion, sliced finely
- 50g pickled beetroot, diced
- 10g pumpkin seeds
- Pre-soak the buckwheat. Simply the night before place in a bowl with boiling water and leave overnight. If you forget then follow instructions for cooking.
- Rinse the pre-soaked buckwheat under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Mix the chickpeas with lemon juice, cumin, oregano and coriander.
- Assemble all the other ingredients together.
Other serving suggestions for meat/fish eaters:
Halve the above portion, add salmon fillet or chicken breast and mix in some rocket. Add dollop of greek yoghurt too.