Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 tsps coconut oil
- 150g white onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 a red bell-pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 60g button mushrooms, finely
- a pinch of sea salt and ground
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsps tomato ketchup (use a
- reduced sugar variety if preferred)
- 2 eggs
- 400g lean turkey mince
- Preheat oven to 200 ̊C/400 ̊F. Lightly grease the base and sides of a loaf tin with coconut oil and line the base with baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the bell-pepper and fry for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the Worcestershire sauce and half of the ketchup. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Add the eggs and turkey and mix well with your hands. Transfer the mixture to theloaf tin and press down firmly. Spread the remaining ketchup over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked throughout. Allow to cool in the tin.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or wrap each slice in clingfilm and freeze on same day.