Chocolate Hazelnut Bar
This is a perfect post-workout snack/meal. You get that sugar hit however is packed with goodness. Enjoy!
- 40g hazelnuts
- 30g oats (use gluten free if preferred)
- 75g soft pitted dates
- 10g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 50g peanut or almond butter
- a small pinch of sea salt
- 30g raisins
- 30g vanilla flavour whey or rice protein powder
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Line the base of a 15x15cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the hazelnuts and oats in a blender or food processor andblend until finely ground.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well. Scrape down the sides during blending if required, and continue to blend until the mixture is crumbly.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add a splash of cold water and mix well to combine into a thick paste.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tin. Use a spatula to flatten the surface of the mixture, compacting it firmly in the tin.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into 9 bars.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze on same day.