Overnight Ginger, Apple and Blueberry Oats Recipe
There are some nutritionists I love to follow especially those close to me in Tooting. Alex who is Founder of Nutrition For Life is no exception. She creates fantastic healthy recipes and I draw inspiration from her ingredients. Today’s overnight oats are no exception. I was sold on shredded apple and then added in a few extras that I had in my cupboard. Thanks Alex! Keep the great recipes coming. Great to have post-workout if you have done so before breakfast!
Ingredients for the overnight bit:
• 40g jumbo oats
• 1 tbsp hemp seed (optional)
• 1 tbsp flaxseed (optional)
• ½ tsp ground ginger
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp fresh ginger (finely grated)
• Warm water (to cover the oats overnight)
Ingredients to add in the morning:
• ½ apple (grated)
• Almond milk (according to your consistency preference
• Handful of blueberries
• 1 tsp honey (drizzled over top)
• ½ tsp crunchy peanut butter (optional)
To make (overnight bit):
1. Place dry ingredients into a storage container.
2. Add water until it sits just above the surface of the dry mix
3. Stir and place in the fridge overnight
To make (in the morning):
4. The oat mix will have softened and expanded. Add almond milk to create a more liquid consistency to suit
your preference and stir
5. Mix in the apple and blueberries and off you head to work.