Veggie-Mess Healthy Recipe
In recent months I’ve been training clients who have a vegetarian diet and so this veggie-mess is in honour of them. With a busy day personal training at Tooting Athletics Track, coupled with teaching spinning I needed to rustle something up that is super quick and nutritious, not to mention the perfect post-workout meal.
So without further ado, here’s my recipe for veggie-mess- ENJOY!
• 2 eggs
• Chilli flakes (optional for egg)
• 1 chopped onion
• 400g frozen veg
• Coconut oil spray
• 1-2 tsp Harissa paste
• Wholegrain rice (mine is pre-cooked to save time)
How to make
1) Cook the veggie sausages in the oven as instructed
2) Whisk up the eggs in a bowl. Add chilli flakes if you like a little heat
3) Spray a frying pan with oil and pour egg mix in
4) Cook on both sides and set aside to cool
5) In a deep pan or wok, spray lightly with oil spray
6) Once the pan is hot, add onion and frozen veg. Cover and sweat for about 5 mins
7) Add 1-2 tsp of harissa paste depending on your taste-buds
8) Add your ready cooked rice and mix through
9) Cover pan for 1 min, allowing rice to soak up flavours
10) Slice up the egg into strips and add to the pan
11) Chop up and add the veggie sausages
12) Voila – ENJOY!