Vicky Nutrition Baked Blueberry Porridge Recipe
I follow Vicky Nutrition in instagram and when she posted this bake I literally jumped at the chance of having a go. As a personal trainer I am always looking for healthy recipes to share with my clients. This bake is the perfect to satisfy that sweet craving. I’ve made two batches now and I’ve had a couple of slices for breakfast, snack and dessert – oh and let’s not forget it’s great post-workout too – such a versatile little number!
It’s perfect for those cold days, really satisfying, provides one of your five a day, carbs, protein, fibre, vitamin C, antioxidants and B vits with a little healthy fat too.
Follow Vicky Nutrition here for more food inspiration!
• 1 large egg
• 100 g grated courgette (discard seedy centre first)
• 1 large ripe banana
• 20g blueberries (optional – my other half didn’t like the texture)
• 40g porridge oats
• 20g (2 tbsp) chia seeds
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp sweetener (stevia, xylitol, maple syrup, honey)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 20g unflavoured protein powder
• Splash of milk if needed
• Sprinkling of mixed seeds to decorate
• 20g grated 85% dark chocolate
• 40g chopped up dates – these add a satisfying chew to the bake
• Replace unflavoured protein powder and vanilla extract with a flavoured protein powder. I used my double choc from Protein Works
How to make:
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
2. Grate courgette (make sure to remove the centre seedy bit)
3. Mash banana and egg in a bowl. Then add the courgette and all other ingredients, except the milk.
4. Mix together well. The consistency should be loose (only add the milk if this isn’t the case)
5. Either line a bread tin or line with baking paper
6. Pour the mix into the tin
7. Sprinkle your mixed seeds over the top
8. Bake for around 20 mins or use a skewer which should come out clean from the centre of the bake
9. Once cooked remove from the tin and place on a metal rack to cool
10. Then eat away! I cut around pieces and according to my app, they are about 99kcals per slice
• Smother with plain yoghurt or custard and berries
• Eat as it comes with a cuppa