This recipe is just so easy to do, I had to share. It’s simple, nutritious and quick to rustle up, perfect for all us busy bees. I love a veggy vessel to put food into as an alternative to wraps or sandwiches so this time round I’m celebrating the ice-gem lettuce which is so in season. Other than marinating the chicken this literally took 10 minutes to put together (just check the chicken is cooked through). Enjoy!
• 1 chicken breast (chopped into small pieces)
For the marinade:
– 1 tsp turmeric
– ½ tsp chilli powder (optional)
– ½ tsp cumin
– ½ tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp olive oil
• 1/3 tin chickpeas (drained)
• 1 ½ tbsp. low fat plain yoghurt
• Chopped fresh coriander
• Salt to season
• Little-gem lettuce (for the boats)
1. Mix the chicken and marinade together and leave for half an hour.
2. Place chicken mix in a frying pan, cook for a minute then cover.
3. After 5 minutes add the chick peas and cover for another 5 minutes or until cooked.
4. Mix in yoghurt and fresh coriander.
5. Place in the ice-gem lettuce boats.
• Fresh lemon
• Mixed salad
• Steamed greens
On your training day:
• Rice/quinoa/couscous/sweet potato
On a non-training day:
• Avocado strips
• Sour cream
• Small handful of crushed mixed nuts