This taste sensation is something that can be cooked on a Sunday and then kept in the fridge for other meals throughout the week. This comes with a warning though….it’s pretty tasty and so temptation to have more than a slice will be there. That said it’s full of goodness so don’t worry too much! Enjoy…
I should point out that with a frittata you really can use any ingredients of your choice. I’ll load up some more recipes in good time. You’ll notice I’ve served this with my ‘Mum’s tomato sauce’
• 1 tsp coconut oil
• 1 onion chopped
• 1 cup of peas
• Mushrooms sliced and diced
• Sausages cooked – I used half low-fat meat and half quorn sausages
• 8 eggs beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
• Chilli powder (optional)
How to make
1. Melt coconut oil
2. Add onion, mushrooms and peas and allow to cook through
3. Season with salt and pepper. Add a little chilli powder if you fancy a fiery explosion with each bite
4. Remove onion, mushroom and peas from the pan.
5. Arrange the sausages around the pan. OR you can slice them up and arrange them around the pan.
6. Add the onion, mushroom mix back into the pan, spreading evenly over the sausages
7. Pour the beaten eggs around the pan
8. On a low heat allow the egg mix to cook until the egg starts to separate away from the sides of the pan
9. Then turn on the grill and place the pan under the grill to allow the top of the egg mix to cook. Once the middle of the egg solidifies, remove from the grill.
10. Place a plate over the top of the pan and flip it over. Et voila! Behold your delicious frittata.
11. Serve with salad or veg and of course ‘Mum’s tomato sauce’.