These little lamb balls were so good even Rocco (the dog) was salivating (mind you there’s not much he won’t hoover). Two lamb balls are plenty to have wrapped in wholewheat tortilla with salad, houmous and greek yogurt.
If you’d rather avoid the tortilla, then how about using savoy cabbage as a wrap instead. Simply take a leaf and blanche in boiling water for 2 minutes to soften…et voila.
• 500g lamb mince
• 1 x onion (finely chopped)
• 1 x tin chick peas (mashed with fork)
• 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
• 1 x egg
• 1 tbsp psyllium husk
• 5g fresh mint (finely chopped)
• 1 tsp dried basil
• 1 tsp garam masala
• 1 tsp garlic powder or clove (chopped)
• ½ tsp salt
• Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix. I used my hand as it’s much easier to mush everything together
• Leave to stand for 20-30 mins to let the flavours fuse
• Turn on grill high
• Make round balls (half size of a tennis ball) of the mixture and place on a baking tray
• Place under the grill turning as the grill side browns. I had to turn about 4 times over 30 mins.
• In a tortilla wrap with 1 tsp houmous, 1 tsp greek yoghurt and salad
• Or simply serve with a huge salad and greek yoghurt.