• 120g garden peas (cooked and mushed with a fork)
• 1 x tin chick peas (mushed with a fork)
• 150g beetroot (finely grated)
• 1 x medium onion (finely chopped)
• 12g fresh mint (finely chopped)
• 1 x large egg
• 1 x tbsp psyllium husk
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tbsp garam masala
• 1 level tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 200 °C
2. Mush the peas and chickpeas in a deep bowl using a fork
3. Add all other ingredients and mix well
4. Leave to stand for approximately 10 mins
5. Place a large tablespoon worth of mix into your hands and mush into a ball (about the size of a golfball)
6. Place the ball onto a greasproof dish (I used greasproof paper)
7. Make up all the other balls
8. Place in top shelf of oven for 30 minutes, turning once halfway.
9. To check they are cooked, the balls should feel dry and solid to touch on the outside.
10. Leave to cool before serving.
• Salad, greek yorhurt (with lemon juice squeezed into it), humous, flatbread or lettuce leaves
• Cous cous salad.