A beautiful deep red load of delicious mess courtesy of raw beetroot and all with a subtle spicy kick thanks to a little harissa paste. If you are gluten intolerant then substitute the couscous for quinoa. Or don’t add either at all. You can also use any peas or beans. It doesn’t have to be chick peas.
Makes approximately 6 servings
• 1 x beetroot bulb (peeled and grated)
• 1 x large carrot (peeled and grated)
• 5g fresh ginger (finely grated)
• Zest of ½ lemon
• Juice of 1 x lemon
• 1 large tbsp. harissa paste
• 400g couscous or quinoa (cooked weight)
• 1 x tin chick peas (drained)
1. Place all ingredients (except chickpeas and couscous/quinoa) in a bowl and mix well
2. Then add in the chickpeas and couscous, mixing well.
• Mixed salad, touch of balsamic vinegar and a dollop of houmous or full fat greek yoghurt.