Wild Garlic and Pea Pesto
Published: 8th May 2018
When in season (March to June), wild garlic is fantastic and best of all free so get yourself to the country and start picking! This pesto is particularly good mixed in with courgetti and with a sprinkling of peas. I used heaped tablespoon for my portion.
Makes about 7 servings
• 200g wild garlic (leaves and flowers)
• 200g garden peas (cooked)
• 100g pine nuts (toasted)
• 50g parmesan cheese (grated)
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
1. Thoroughly wash the wild garlic removing any discoloured leaves
2. Put pine nuts into a frying pan and toast them until they turn golden brown
3. Place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse to your desired consistency
4. Season with salt and pepper as you so wish.
N.B : For best taste, leave this overnight for the flavours to fuse.